Monday, January 2, 2012

Do a Jumping Jack like it's 2012!

Okay so I am doing the workout from the Oxygen Magazine Total Summer Body Plan - there's a three month workout and I am on week two of doing a total body workout but it's basic and it's for beginners. And since I am on-again off-again no more, I decided to start from scratch and I'm beginning at 5lb weights for my arms and 8lb weights for my leg workouts.
I am telling you this is hard to manage: school, kids, working out, marriage...eating and sleeping, staying positive and not get overwhelmed when my husband wakes the baby in the middle of my workout and I'm forced to stop smack in the middle for 20 minutes while I nurse him back down. Honestly. It's work all around. But I'm making it happen. I talked about perspective on my last post, and I really do think this is the key to getting my head around how I'm going to make this happen.
The other thing that's keeping my head in the game is the fact that I am about to start acting again and that means that I don't have the time or patience for overdoing it with chocolate and wine and feeling sorry for myself. I can't focus on what I'm doing if I'm thinking about how fat I feel. So I've given myself something powerful: I'm giving my workouts value, I've set a goal and I've changed the way I see working out and how it affects my mind and body. I've made it important enough to pursue because now I feel like a lot depends on it. My word means something and I'm sad to say that I've let myself down too many times and now I'm just plain ready. I never back down on my word to anyone else. I follow through with everything, but for some reason, I've put myself wayyyyyy last and enough is enough.
Okay, so back to the workouts. :) I wrote this in between upper and lower body workouts. Talk to you tomorrow. xo

No comments: